It’s Ashes season and although England have retained the coveted trophy, thanks to some entertaining cricket in the first two Test matches and a more than adequate rain dance in the third at Old Trafford, HSE – Home Entertainment Suppliers – today announced the release of Don Bradman Cricket 14.
The news, timed better than the famous Bradman cover drive, will sure to excite fans in both camps and the game gives the Australian fans a chance to exact revenge ahead of the second series taking place down under at the end of the year. I know I for one will be chomping at the bit to play this game and guide Australia to victory!
There are a whole host of features, some mentioned below, but only time will tell exactly what will be included in the game (I’m hoping for a 1930s team featuring The Don himself). Given the furore caused by third umpire’s use of DRS in this series, Don Bradman Cricket 14 will give you the same powers; this is your chance to watch hotspot in action. I’m not quite sure what to expect just yet but given the screenshot below I for one can’t wait to send my appeal upstairs and challenge the on field umpire.
We do not know the release date but HSE have confirmed it will be later this year – more than likely to coincide with the Ashes 2013/14 in November – I mean it just makes sense! I will report back when a definite date has been confirmed.
Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) and Big Ant Studios (keep up to date via their twitter page) today announced that “Don Bradman Cricket 14” for Sony PlayStation®3, Microsoft Xbox 360® and PC shall be released later this year.
HES and Big Ant Studios are working under license with the Bradman Foundation located in Bowral. “It is indeed an honour to be able to bring the greatest player to a technology savvy generation of fans in what promises to be the greatest cricket game of all time,” said Sebastian Giompaolo, Managing Director for HES. “Big Ant Studios have been working hard on this title for four years and we at HES are really excited with what they have been able to achieve. It is far superior to any cricket game in the market.”
Don Bradman Cricket 14 includes:
- Career Mode, allowing you to take control of an aspiring young cricketer and take him through the ranks to International glory.
- Unique Batting and Bowling Controls, giving full 360 Shot control and Line and Length delivery without pitch markers.
- A fully featured fielding system that allows you to run down the ball and slide to prevent a Four, catch a high ball on the boundary rope, or knock down the stumps to take a vital run out. You are always involved in the play at every stage of the game!
- Ball Physics giving realistic Edges, bat pad catches and movement off the pitch.
- A complete player physics system with individual attributes including weight and height – imagine running in a 2 metre bowler to deliver that perfect bouncer!
- Appeal and Electronic Review system allowing for the first time challenges of the umpires decision.
- Practice Nets, Hone your skills to perfection before taking to the field.
- Dynamic time of day, Weather System and Pitch Degradation that are based on real world data with effects occurring in real-time throughout a days’ play.
- The Cricket Academy, allowing for unparalleled customisation of your Cricket experience, creating Teams, players, Tours, Competitions, Match Types and even Umpires.
- More than 4000 Community created Players and teams ready to download and use in game.
- An online Save system that lets you continue your match whenever you want with online opponents.
3 Responses to “Don Bradman Cricket 14 Announced for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.